Nowadays, more and more people prefer to buy products online rather than purchasing them from trading posts. Online shopping sites such as Amazon( founded in 1994) , EBay ( founded in 1995) and Alibaba ( founded in 1999) become extremely popular with each year that passes.
A customer will rather choose to shop online than to go personally into a store to purchase an item because of the many advantages this shopping style presents.
1) Better organized merchandise – Online boutiques have their merchandise organized in categories, making it easy to find what you are looking for in less than a minute. For example, if you want to buy a blue sweater, the search bar will immediately direct you to the wanted product. Afterwards, you can check the product’s qualities and order it if it is to your liking.
2) No queues – Shopping online saves you from the endless queues you dislike so much. In this way, you can easily order an item from your home, avoiding losing your precious and short free time.
3) Free transport – Some products can be purchased and delivered without you having to pay a transport fee. Moreover, some sellers might offer you a discount if you buy multiple products from them.
4) Returning items – Sometimes, a purchased item might not be the product you actually wanted to buy, having a defect or being made of a bad material. Important info: the Customer Contracts Regulations gives a client the opportunity to return an item in 14 days after receiving it. Also, you will get a refund in 14 days at the time the seller received the goods back. Remember to check the details regarding the products you are buying: some sellers might not offer you a refund or you might have to pay for the returning costs.
5) Reviews – Online shopping sites allow their customers to state their opinion regarding the quality of a product and the services the seller is offering. Customers write reviews and give you valuable information you can later use. Keep in mind to check other clients’ ratings to observe if the products you are interested in are good items or faulty.
6) The right man/woman at the right time! – Online markets frequently make offers regarding the items they sell. Check sites whenever you have time. Sometimes you might get very lucky and buy an expensive product you really wanted for a long time at the cheapest value possible.
7) Go product hunting – If you want to buy summer items (for example) at a cheap price, try purchasing them off season! Online markets make it possible for you to order any type of item no matter the period of the year. For instance, summer items such as swimsuits, beach balls umbrellas or UV sunglasses get cheaper at the end of the season. In this way, you will be able to save a penny for a rainy day!